Thursday, February 19, 2009

Classroom Design

What if every teacher could design there classrooms? I would throw away all of the desks. I hate desks. I would paint the wall with some soothing color...maybe pale blue or green...or lavender...maybe all three. I would bring in big plants. I would have white boards but only the ones on easels. I would have a cupboard for each student to keep their coat and personal belongings but not all next to each other. I would have a refrigerator with water and snacks. Comfortable puffy furniture would be nice. A few tables with computers with soft office chairs. What if the students were comfortable and drawn to the space? What is the purpose of such cold classrooms? It seems like a punishment.

2 comments:

  1. Can we get rid of the fluorescent lighting too?!? If so, I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree fluorescent lights should be taken out of all classrooms and replaced with warm lighting.

    ReplyDelete