Saturday, February 7, 2009

Media

The story telling articles made me think about the times I have had a class mesmerized while telling a story. I wondered why sometimes there is just the right moment to capitalize on the attention. One morning at the very beginning of the day I started talking to a student about my morning and how my dog had run away. Within minutes the whole class was quiet and around me listening to the story. I was concentrating on my conversation with just this one student and I was startled when I realized the whole class was listening. I think it was a compelling experience because I care deeply about my dog and many of the students have or want a pet. They were all in suspense waiting to hear if my dog was found. They were captivated by the police finding my dog safe but on the highway. The whole story was where was my dog and was she alright. It was very focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment