Sunday, February 15, 2009

Imaginative Bridges with Media

The project this week was to make a video using something to relay an experience or a relationship. I chose to do a video about the relationship between my daughter and my son. There relationship of course has seen good and bad times with most of the good times when they were younger. They have a strong bond but it gets lost sometimes in the fighting. The message for them is to value their relationship.
The message I found for teaching is that there is so much information to teach students that we have to find a theme or at least a focus when we teach or all will be lost in the details. I spent so much time going through thousands of pictures and feeling like it was millions. I know teachers get overwelmed with how much information we have to teach and we can lose sight of what is important. If we try to teach everything we will fail to teach anything. We have to sift through the information and pick what is really the important message we want students to walk away with and take with them throughout their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment